Sunday, September 16, 2012

Thrifting

Twice Loved


On Saturday I decided to treat myself, I had some birthday money left over and wanted to go shopping.  What's a girl with a limited budget and large wish list to do?

Go to Goodwill!!!!

I love thrift stores, most items are gently used (stores won't sell items that are too worn for someone else to use) and you can find a lot of great stuff with character.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular just wanted to check out the store and see what they had.  I found some great deals!


This is a great Forever 21 navy dress (4.99) and pair of leopard print heels (3.49).
This will be a great outfit for an after school nice work event, date night, night at the theatre, etc.



I also got this great grey jersey skirt from Ann Taylor (3.49).  It's a casual skirt that will be great for running errands, I can wear it to work with leggings underneath and a sweater, or a casual night out with friends.  It can also be paired with sneakers, sandals, or heels depending on the occasion.  Very versatile!



The last thing I bought was a dish dryer rack (1.49).  It may seem less exciting, but the roomie and I have been needing one. Who says you only have to buy things on your want list when going shopping.  Goodwill also has a large selection of kitchen items, furniture, books, DVDs, bags, and pretty much anything else you could need. 

In case anyone hasn't been doing the math I picked up a dress, a skirt, pair of heels, and dish drying rack for 14.67 with tax. 

14.67 Y'ALL!!!!!

Something to keep in mind with all these great deals is how it will affect your closet.  My apartment isn't the biggest and I only have one small closet and a set amount of hangers.  I have to be selective about what I keep because of my limited space. 

To keep my closet in check I have an in and out system.  Every time I purchase something that will go into my closet I chose something to leave my closet.  Since I purchased a dress, pair of shoes, and a skirt I decided to get rid of a dress, pair of heels, and pair of shorts.  The items I chose to get rid of are ones that I haven't worn in at least a year or no longer fit.  Keeping this process going means I always have clothes that fit and that I consistently wear in my closet.

I encourage you to check out your local thrift store: Salvation Army, Goodwill, America's Thrift Store, St. Vincent De Paul Society.  There are also a lot of local thrift stores that aren't major brands. 

Every time you purchase something at a thrift store it is like recycling that garment. You purchase something that isn't using any valuable non renewable resources at a fraction of the cost.

Google thrift stores in your area and see what you can find! Every trip is a treasure hunt!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics