Saturday, September 15, 2012

Make Ahead

Make Ahead Meals


I never thought I'd be one of those people who stocked their freezer with meals in Tupperware, wrapped in aluminum foil, or tucked into corners to pull out whenever I wanted.

Let me tell you, I'm glad I was wrong.

Last week I made the Veggie Burgers from The Homemade Pantry, they were time consuming and a little frustrating to make. But the work was well worth the product.  I know have a freezer full of veggie burgers I can pull out at a moment's notice when I haven't been to the grocery store (guilty) or don't feel like cooking (guilty again). 

This week I'm going to tackle freezer breakfast burritos from Budget Bytes.  I need a good breakfast to get me through my busy morning teaching and these look like they will fit the bill perfectly.  Anything I can make ahead so I can get a few more minutes to sleep in I'll take. 

Having delicious homemade lunches, dinners, or breakfasts at your fingertips isn't the only reason to keep make ahead frozen meals in your freezer.  The more full your freezer is, the less energy it takes to keep everything frozen.  The less energy it takes, the cheaper your energy bill is at the end of the month.  The cheaper your energy bill is at the end of the month the less fossil fuel you use.

It's a win win!

Stay tuned for an update on the breakfast burritos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics