Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies
1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 sleeve Trefoil Girl Scout cookies
Directions1. Prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper, and pull out the cookies so you are all ready to go.
2. Set up a double boiler on your stove. A double boiler consists of a small pot filled with water, a small bowl set on top. Put the chocolate in your small bowl and turn the heat to medium. Slowly stir the chocolate until is melted, it may seize up a bit but just keep slowly stirring. You don't need to add milk or anything to the chocolate, just keep working it until it melts. As soon as the chocolate is melted take it off the heat, you don't want it to burn.
3. Use a spoon or spatula and spread a layer of chocolate on top of each cookie.
4. When all your cookies are covered put the baking sheet in the freezer to allow the chocolate an opportunity cool down and harden.
5. After 20ish minutes, pull the cookies out! I'm sure there are fancy ways to cut strawberries so that they are visually appealing, but I'm not fancy. I just want to eat all the strawberries!!! Slice your strawberries and pile them on top of your cookies.
6. Eat all the cookies in one sitting (that may have just been the case for me, the roomie, and the roomie's boyfriend).
Set up your double boiler on your stove.
Melt the chocolate slowly (be careful, it will get hot).
Spread the chocolate on top of the cookies.
Top each cookie with sliced strawberries and enjoy!