Sunday, September 9, 2012

Flower Garland



 



Materials:
Paper Flowers


Hot Glue



Clear Coat

Twine


One of my very good friends got married over the summer.  For her bouquet she asked friends and family to create flowers that would make up a bouquet she could keep forever.  I used the tutorial at Under the Table and Dreaming to create the flowers.  After the wedding I had a lot of flowers left over, and they were just too adorable to throw away.  So I created garland with them!

Make this garland was super simple. 
I cut twine into lengths that would stretch from hook to hook on my porch and tied the ends into loops. 
I then hot glued the flowers onto the twine; I chose not to measure in between lengths but guestimated that the space between each length is about six inches.
After all of the flowers were glued onto the twine I spread all the strands onto newspapers.


I found this bottle of Color World in my parent's garage, but any version of a clear coat spray paint would do.  This step is the most time intensive of the entire project.  I sprayed the first side with 3 coats of Clear Coat, leaving 10 minutes in between each coating.  Then I flipped all the flowers over and did another 3 coats on the other side.

Now I have beautiful garland hanging on my front porch!





 As soon as holiday season rolls around I also plan on getting some twinkly lights to string with the garland to give it an extra special effect.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics