Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It's the Holiday Season

I love entertaining during the holiday season.  A few weeks ago I had several friends over for dinner and multitasking to get everything ready is what I thrive on.

I made a goat cheese asparagus pasta from Smitten Kitchen.  It was super easy and a huge hit!  Goat cheese is one of my favorites and a perfect pairing with the asparagus and lemon juice.


 

I served it alongside a simple bagged salad (gotta keep things easy you know), some great local bread, and wine my guests had brought.

In addition to the wine I also made a homemade sweet and sour mix for whiskey sours.  I love wine with food, but if I'm going to have a cocktail I love whiskey drinks. 

 
 
I've made whiskey sours for the family this Christmas as well and the recipe won several people over.  I only use lemon juice in mine (mostly because I don't have fresh limes) and it still turned out well.
 
Down south we need cold cocktails, even during the Christmas season.  If you have a powerful blender I recommend making whisky slushes.  1 part whiskey for 2 parts sweet and sour mix, add as much ice as you would like to water it down, and blend away!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics