Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Parfait Please

It's fall y'all!  I love fall, it is my favorite holiday!  However, it is still quite warm down south. 

What's a southern girl to do?  I need my fall flavor fix, but it is far too hot for squash casseroles, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin  pie every day.

The answer! Make pumpkin parfaits for breakfast!

This recipe was inspired by Budget Bytes pumpkin yogurt parfaits.  Beth's parfaits were created as a dessert item, however I decided to turn mine around and make them a breakfast item.

Ingredients

Granola
Greek Yogurt
Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
Cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Spice

I don't have any ingredient amounts because I just eyeballed the ingredients based on my taste.  I used a dash of each spice, every time I used it.  For the filling I used about 1 1/2 tblsp each as I layered.

Directions

Layer each of the ingredients in whatever order you choose. 
I layered:  pumpkin
                cinnamon
                granola
                greek yogurt
                pumpkin pie spice
                granola
                pumpkin
                cinnamon
                granola
                greek yogurt
                cinnamon
                pumpkin pie spice




Next time I make this breakfast (probably tomorrow) I'll use less layers.   I got very full about 3/4 of the way through the parfait.



A note about granola.  In my grocery store there is a great bulk bin section with an amazing granola selection.  I don't eat a lot of granola, so I like to buy a cup or two at a time from the bulk bin so it won't go stale.  Much to my surprise, what did I see when I was trying to decide what sort of granola to get? Pumpkin Spiced Granola! Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics