Monday, November 19, 2012

Spinach Burger

I'm not sure if I've shared my love of veggie burgers with you yet.  If not, I LOVE THEM.  They are they chock full of hidden vegetables to keep you healthy and super convenient to warm up when you are in a pinch.  And they are delicious (that's the most important part)!

The bummer of Veggie Burgers when you buy them at the store is that they can be quite pricey.  I don't know about you but I'm not a huge fan of pricey.  Store bought veggie burgers also tend to have non-nutritious fillers that aren't helpful for the health conscious.

The most recent veggies burgers I've made were actually spinach based.  The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens and it was so easy! I doubled the recipe so that I would have enough to freeze and take to work for lunch later on.

What else goes with burgers but fries?  I've been trying to make healthier choices and fries are often not on the healthy list.  Instead I decided to make cauliflower poppers as a fry substitute.  The recipe I used came from Delighted Momma and it was super easy as well! 

Add a Coke and you have the perfect vegetarian substitute for the classic burger meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics