Thursday, November 22, 2012

DIY Storage



About a year ago I invested in a set of airtight storage containers to use in my kitchen.  They are great, keep my ingredients fresh, and look adorable. 
The only problem was keeping everything straight and the ingredients separate.  I didn't want to slap a post it note on them but I wanted something equally as changeable. 
I decided to paint the top of the containers with chalkboard paint.  Now, I can change up what is inside the containers without having to print new labels every time. 

I've also started expanding the collection, this time without the added expense of purchasing new containers. 

We don't have glass recycling where I live and I constantly find myself with empty spaghetti sauce containers, bottled veggies, etc.  I didn't want to just throw away these things, so I decided to give them a new life!  I cleaned out the containers, took the labels off the jars, and painted chalkboard paint to their lids as well. 

I love having these smaller containers!  I am able to store herbs I buy in the bulk bin, make my own essential oils, make salt scrubs to put in them, anything I want! 

This project allowed me to reuse objects that would otherwise have been thrown away.  Reusing these glass bottles also gives me opportunity to contain other projects I want to start on!

Stay posted for more projects using food stuff containers in a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics